Thursday, September 27, 2012

And God said...

I will start this post with a question. Do you believe in God and that Jesus is His Son? If you don't or you are "on the fence", pick up a Bible and READ, won't you? You truly need to KNOW him. Open your mind and heart, don't try to rhyme and reason it, don't pick it apart and say it's "ridiculous", but you believe we came from apes. Just empty that sewage out of your soul and mind and read his Letter to you. Where to start? Start at the beginning of course. Some People prefer to stay in the New Testament, saying, and I'm paraphrasing here, "The Old Testament is just History!" I know, I was one of them. 
For so many years, I thought I knew all about God and all about his Son. I loved reading the "red letters" because I thought that is ALL I needed to concentrate on. Then, I found out, I didn't really know him at all. There is so much in the Old Testament about His coming, describing him, songs in Psalms of Him, people waiting for the Messiah. GOD actually speaks to us in the pages of this Book. Things he expects, things he will do for us, things we could do for others. And then He speaks of his Son. This part of God, this "man" who will walk the earth and talk to those who will listen about God and life. And he does. He speaks so much about how much he loves us and speaks in Parables that have became so blindingly clear to me as I got older. 
Personally, I don't think age has a thing to do with it. "Ask, and it shall be given. Seek and you shall find." Those are profound words. Words that I have taken for granted for most of my life. Until some pivotal things happened in my life that caused me to stop and re-examine everything I believed in. And like a whirlwind it would change my life from, seat warmer to participant in my own life! Praise God!
You know, a while ago, I watched the Stephen King film, "The Stand". No offense to his writing but it is the only one of Mr. King's I can stomach. Even though it was a fantasy, the fight of good against evil and Mother Abigail being a conduit for God, kind of spoke to me a little. But I waved it off as being "just a movie". And that is what it was. The end of it was getting interested and then the Christian part was cut off. That was it.
Then, I lost four members of my family in a matter of four years. First a Brother who died in his sleep, then my wonderful Mother wasted away, grieving her son and wanting to die herself. A few years later, I lost my beloved Dad and nine days after that my older Brother who had taken care of Daddy for two years, was speaking to an employee at his work and looked away and said, "Oh dear God" and fell where he stood. Dying before he ever hit the floor. 
What do you do when that happens in your life? We buried my Brother the day before Christmas Eve. Needless to say, I spent that Christmas in a fog. For a few months I cried and begged God for an answer. And, I got one. In a very vivid revelation I SAW my Dad and Brother. Shiny and New, happy and at peace in Heaven. I was coming out of a dream and was sucked into a tunnel toward the brightest light and was told by my Father I could not stay, because,in essence, I had work to do. 
Just a few short weeks later I walked through the door of our Church and the people there were caring, loving individuals who gathered us up like lost sheep. Never in my life have I heard so much, "You're a blessing. You are Precious. We love you". But it healed our souls. We quickly found things we could do that no other could or had time for. I began to teach once a month, we cleaned the church, my husband, who was very good A/C man, tended the Air Conditioners and Heaters. We fit like a piece in a puzzle.
We chose the narrow road. And sometimes it hurts our feet. Because on the opposite side, there is Evil and evil doesn't like it when God wins. So it throws "rocks" in your path and tries to hurt you. Tries to find a way in. If we are "hit", He will pick us up.In the five years we've given ourselves away to God, we have actually heard and understood every word preached, applied it to our lives, read the Word and given of our time. And when that was done, God began to bless us in so many ways because of our obedience. And so, the lights are now ON in our lives. He truly is the Truth and the Way.
There are those who stumble in the dark, looking for a switch. They reach and grasp for the first solid thing they find. Is it real? Is it tangible? Is it God-given? He is the light. The ONLY light that can shine so bright that you see into every corner of the room. He makes sure you know where you are going.
For those non believers or fence sitters who are reading this, if you want a boost as to how much he cares, I suggest you borrow, rent or buy a film "The Encounter" starring Bruce Marchiano, one of the most anointed Men I know. Listen to the words in it. Wrap yourself in it and you will see Jesus Christ for who he is. But not to forget to read the Bible. That is the key. Say the "Sinners Prayer", make your life whole and filled with love. Find a Church that fits your needs. Or one that needs YOU to fit, as we did. 
One voice is but a whisper in the wind. Many voices are an anthem, a battle cry. Don't let my whisper go unfounded. Those who are Christians raise your voices HIGH. Let the world know we are not to be put down. Pray for our leaders here in the US. Pray that we make the right decisions when we vote. And bring in someone who will put God first.
And live your life as if He were right beside you. Because, he is...

No comments:

Post a Comment